Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group is currently seeking a Cyber Systems Engineer to act as cyber security tool expert for a team of subject matter experts supporting the Department of Defense’s (DoD) JRSS (Joint Regional Security Stack) deployment activities, a multi-year, global effort to improve the DoD’s security posture and provide enhanced security capabilities and analytics by centralizing and virtualizing network security into regional stacks rather than locally distributed appliances. In this role, you will support one or more of the Cyber Network Defense (CND) tools used at DISA. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, acting as tier 3 troubleshooter and problem resolver, providing OJT to tier 1 and 2 support personnel, planning upgrades and tool enhancements, writing documentation guides for lower level tool support staff, researching tool enhancements and upgrades, evaluating new enhancements and upgrades to the tools.
This suite consists of:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Requires BS and 12-14 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-12 years of prior relevant experience.
As a successful candidate you will have:
- Familiarity with CND operations and tools but are not necessarily a cyber analyst or tool SME.
- Familiarity with tactics, processes, procedures and analytics used by cyber defense
- Extensive experience in technical requirements gathering.
- Extensive experience with one or more of the tools listed above.
Additionally, successful applicants pursuing this position will:
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, along with strong interpersonal and leadership abilities.
- Be capable of working in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities and schedules.
- Have a proven track record of delivering technical projects on time and within budget.
- Be open to periodic travel…in this role, you may be required travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations from time to interface with customers at their location.
Additional Required Qualifications:
Expertise in installing, maintaining, and supporting at least two of the following:
- Knowledge of TCP/IP communications Experience in leading large engineering projects.
- DoD 8570 IAT2 certification
- SECRET Security clearance (or ability to obtain one) NOTE: First preference will be given to those who hold a current and active clearance.
- Experience with additional CND tools
- Experience with AD
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the worlds toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The companys 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin’s Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit . The companys diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.